Dr. Charlotte Roberts is an executive consultant, speaker and writer who focuses on executives and executive teams’ ability to continuously challenge their current level of performance and lead their organizations’ sustainability and competitiveness. Her leadership focus has naturally integrated the performance of boards in non-profit and profit organizations and their ability to maintain proper involvement in guiding the organizations. She coaches them to work collaboratively with each other and senior management to support and advance the mission and values of the organization.
Charlotte has been an organization development consultant for over 20 years. Her clients have been in different industries from shipbuilding to petro-chemicals and utility services to consumer products and pet nutrition to healthcare delivery. She works with her clients on strategy implementation and building high-performing leadership teams and organizations.
Dr. Roberts began studying the impact of leaders on organization effectiveness through an innovative leadership program, Leadership & Mastery®, which she co-led with Peter Senge beginning in 1984. Through this learning process, the model of Learning Organization was identified.
Practical research informs Dr. Roberts’ model of leadership and her work with clients. In 2007 a two-year research project, “Executives’ Fractured Spirit and Dissociation at Work,” was published in The Journal of Management, an international refereed journal. She has custom designed evaluation processes for executives and boards based on their specific model of effective leadership in their organization and industry.
Her background includes a Bachelor degree in Education and a Master’s degree in Human Development from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro where she later served on the faculty. While working for SmithKline & French Pharmaceuticals in sales and sales training, she graduated from the Management Program at the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania. As part of her professional development, Dr. Roberts completed a one-year program in Systems Dynamics and Policy Design taught by MIT faculty and the breakthrough program in Scenario Planning taught by the staff of Global Business Network in Berkeley. In Spring, 1997, Charlotte toured China with a group studying the medical delivery system and alternative healing practices of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Charlotte completed a Doctoral degree concentrating in Consciousness and Spirituality from Saybrook University.
Dr. Roberts currently serves on the Board of Governors for Antioch University, a 5-campus national system. After serving a 12-year term, she has returned to the Board of Trustees of Guilford College in Greensboro, North Carolina. She has also served on the Advisory Council of the American Compensation Association and the boards of several educational and service organizations.
- Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County, PA. Board of Directors, 1982 – 1985.
- Women’s Way of Philadelphia, Board of Directors, 1983 – 1985.
- Philadelphia Women’s Network, Board of Directors, 1984 – 1986.
- Friends Central School, Philadelphia, Board of Trustees, 1985 – 1987.
- Advisory Council of the American Compensation Association, 1992 – 1996.
- Guilford College, Greensboro, NC. Board of Trustees, 1997-2009, Vice Chair, 1999 – 2002.
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Board of Visitors 1999-2005, Vice Chair, 2002 – 2004.
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Excellence Foundation Board, 2005 – 2008.
- North Carolina Entrepreneurship Center, UNC-Greensboro, 2010 – 2012.
- Guilford College, Center for Principled Problem Solving Advisory Board, 2011 – present.
- Antioch University, Board of Governors, 2010 – present.
- Guilford College, Board of Trustees, 2014-present